The Sacral Chakra is the seat of your emotions and creative powers, both reproductive and artistic. This chakra allows you to FEEL and know that it’s okay to have emotions, to be sensual, to be creative. On a physical level, it directly supports the reproductive system. When this chakra is in balance, so are your emotions. You are secure and grounded, and embrace your sensuality and your creativity, both expressed freely and with confidence.
You might find that from time-to-time this chakra becomes unbalanced, either over-active or under-active. You will recognize those with an overactive Sacral chakra. The behaviours or signs can vary from very mild to quite extreme. Some examples from both ends of the spectrum could include:
- the drama queens and kings amongst us
- those with unhealthy relationships or attachments
- stalkers and fantasists
- sexual addicts
It can be just as problematic to have an under-active Sacral Chakra. This could manifest as a creative block, an inability to move forward, the loss of one’s sex drive, having no energy or “get up and go”, or feeling no happiness or joy in daily living.
The imbalance may manifest itself not just emotionally or behaviourally but physically, because the chakra system is connected to our physical well-being. Pay attention to your reproductive system and organs of the lower abdomen – aches and pains, irregular menstrual cycles, cysts, kidney/bladder issues, erectile dysfunction and so forth. Definitely seek medical attention for physical complaints but also focus on balancing the chakra for even greater support.
There are many ways to balance your chakras, with both self-help and by working with a holistic practitioner. Consider some of these options:
- Daily affirmations. I have posted a couple in the image with this article, but create your own unique affirmation for even more support.
- Using the orange colour of the chakra in your clothing and foods (pumpkin, squash, honey, paprika, curry)
- Meditate using orange crystals (for example, carnelian or citrine)
- Wear orange crystals as jewelry, or carry in your pocket, for their healing vibrations
- Use essential oils in a diffuser, diluted in a room spray or body lotion: musk, amber, vanilla (for quieting) or rosemary, rose geranium (for stimulating). Other essential oils for balancing the sacral chakra include bergamot, clary sage, neroli, patchouli, sandalwood and ylang-ylang. Research the properties before you choose your oil to ensure usage is appropriate for your needs and well-being.
- Exercise to strengthen your core, or use yoga exercises that support the lower abdomen
- Take a shamanic journey and ask your guides for help
~ Della Ratcliffe, Inner Journey Events